> Admissions > Credit For Prior Learning

Transfer Credit

Your Credits Welcome Here

We have accepted credits from hundreds of other colleges. See if yours qualifies.

At Broadview University, we recognize that some students have previous college experience. We want to help you earn your degree quickly and efficiently so you can graduate and get the job you want. One way we do this is by utilizing the knowledge, skills and education our students bring with them.

Our credit application process is the best way for you to showcase your level of understanding for previously completed coursework. After your knowledge has been assessed, you will speak with the dean of students, the dean of education, or the graduate program chair, depending on whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student.

What Kind of Proof Do I Need?

We recognize that whether in a formal setting or not, some students have achieved a superior understanding of various subjects. Experience in areas such as those mentioned below could potentially qualify:

  • Business
  • Military
  • Certification courses
  • Industry
  • Transfer credits (from other schools)

As you prepare to provide documentation, here are some of the documents we may require or suggest:

  • CLEP Tests
  • Job assignment descriptions
  • Professional certificates
  • AP tests scores
  • DANTES tests
  • Licenses
  • Performance reports
  • College transcripts
  • Letters from employers 

It is required that you meet the documentation requirements to ensure you have completed an adequate amount of education and experience to fairly acquire the credit. If you are in doubt about whether or not your experience will suffice, we would be happy to assess your understanding to help you get the credit you deserve.

Military Training Credits

Getting credits for previous military service can be done by providing us with a comprehensive military transcript. In deciphering whether or not someone qualifies for credit, we work in conjunction with the American Transfer of Credit (ACE) recommendations.

Here are the places where military transcripts can be found:

  • Joint Service Transcript (JST) is used for the US Army, US Marine Corps, US Navy and US Coast Guard
  • Community College of the Air Force (CCAF)  

The JST is ordered electronically when a student applies for admission. The CCAF request needs to have a hard signature by the student and mailed to the CCAF.

For more information, contact the admissions office at 1-877-480-3335 or email us.